Hello Bio Molarity Calculator
You can use the Hello Bio molarity calculator to answer the following questions:
• I want to make a solution and know the volume and concentration that I require. What mass of compound do I need?
• I have weighed out a known mass of compound, and want to make a solution of a specific concentration - what volume of solution do I need to add?
• I have dissolved a known mass of compound in a specific volume of solution - what is the final concentration of my solution?
How does it work? The molarity equation
The Hello Bio molarity calculator uses the following equation: Mass (g) = Concentration (mol/L) x Volume (L) x Molecular Weight (g/mol)
How to use the calculator - a worked example
Below is an example calculation using NBQX disodium to show you how to use the Hello Bio molarity calculator.
The molecular weight of your compound is 380.24. What is the mass of compound needed to make a 10 mM stock solution in 10 ml of water?
1. Enter 380.24 into the Molecular Weight (MWt) box
2. Enter 10 into the Concentration box and select the correct unit (millimolar)
3. Enter 10 into the Volume box and select the correct unit (milliliter).
4. Press calculate
5. The answer of 38.024 mg appears in the Mass box