CNQX disodium salt
Potent, competitive AMPA / kainate receptor antagonist. Disodium salt.
CNQX disodium salt is a water soluble, potent and competitive AMPA and kainate receptor antagonist. CNQX also antagonizes NMDA receptors at the glycine site.
CNQX increases GABAA receptor spontaneous postsynaptic currents (sPSCs) and also shows neuroprotective actions.
CNQX also available.
The CNQX is going fine ! Verified customer, IBPS, Inserm, CNRS
It works exactly as it should! Dissolved in water, kept in aliquots in -20 freezer. Verified customers, SickKids (University of Toronto)
Brown or yellow solid
The AMPA receptor antagonist CNQX disodium salt is commonly used at concentrations of 10 μM to inhibit the actions of glutamate acting on AMPARs.
CNQX disodium salt from Hello Bio reduces both spontaneous and evoked EPSCs in cortical neurons at concentrations of 1 μM with full AMPA receptor blockade at 10 μM (see Fig 1 above).
#Protocol 1: Evoked and spontaneous excitatory post synaptic currents (EPSCs)
- Whole cell voltage clamp recordings were obtained from layer V neurons of the mouse prelimbic cortex brain slice.
- EPSCs were evoked via a stimulating electrode placed in layers II/III delivering a single square (150 μs) pulse every 10 sec at an intensity that gave a reliable EPSC.
- Neurons were held at -70 to -60 mV (the reversal potential of GABA currents). EPSCs were continuously stimulated and recorded in response to 5 min applications of varying concentrations of CNQX disodium salt until complete receptor inhibition.
- Spontaneous EPSCs were recorded before and after addition of CNQX disodium salt by holding the neuron at -70 mV and recording for 10 sec.
- Recordings for EPSCs were made in the absence of GABAA-R antagonists.
Storing and Using Your Product
Room temperature (desiccate)
Soluble in water (20mM)
Hydroscopic solid, contact with air may cause material to change colour and become sticky. Product performance should not be affected but we recommend storing the material in a sealed jar.
This product is for RESEARCH USE ONLY and is not intended for therapeutic or diagnostic use. Not for human or veterinary use.
References for CNQX disodium salt
6,7-Dinitro-quinoxaline-2,3-dion and 6-nitro,7-cyano-quinoxaline-2,3-dion antagonise responses to NMDA in the rat spinal cord via an action at the strychnine-insensitive glycine receptor.Birch PJ et al (1988) Eur J Pharmacol 156(1) : 177-80.PubMedID: 2905271
The calpain inhibitor MDL-28170 and the AMPA/KA receptor antagonist CNQX inhibit neurofilament degradation and enhance neuronal survival in kainic acid-treated hippocampal slice cultures.Lopez-Picon FR et al (2006) Eur J Neurosci 23(10) : 2686-94.PubMedID: 16817871
6-Cyano-7-nitroquinoxaline-2,3-dione (CNQX) increases GABAA receptor-mediated spontaneous postsynaptic currents in the dentate granule cells of rat hippocampal slices.Hashimoto Y et al (2004) Neurosci Lett 358(1) : 33-6.PubMedID: 15016428
Pharmacological characterization of glutamatergic agonists and antagonists at recombinant human homomeric and heteromeric kainate receptors in vitro.Alt et al (2004) Neuropharmacology 46(6) : 793-806PubMedID: 15033339
Reviews & Product Guides
We mostly like the price – we use a lot in our experiments, so price is really important for us. All compounds we purchased so far from you worked really well – no surprises. So we are very happy we found you – because with your compounds we can significantly cut the cost of our experiments.
It works exactly as it should! Dissolved in water, kept in aliquots in -20 freezer.
The CNQX is going fine !