Introducing the CellAura fluorescent ligand range
Our CellAura range of fluorescent ligands are state-of-the-art fluorescent tools designed for use in life science research and drug discovery. We have combined molecular pharmacology and synthetic chemistry to provide you with high quality fluorescent ligands that are as informative as label-free kinetics, as safe as antibodies and have an ease of use which matches that of radioligands.
The CellAura range currently includes ligands that target GPCRs such as adenosine, dopamine, 5-HT, adrenergic, muscarinic and histamine receptors. View our full range of fluorescent ligands and caged tools.
Switch to CellAura fluorescent ligands for a faster, cheaper, safer, smarter solution
Our CellAura fluorescent ligands target G protein coupled receptors (GPCRs) and are comprised of 3 units:
- A pharmacophore - e.g. a synthetic agonist or antagonist
- A fluorescent dye (the fluorophore)
- A linker - which connects the pharmacophore with the dye
- Immediate ‘real time’ readout
- Visual confirmation of receptor localisation
- Multi-colour and multi-parameter data generation
- Miniaturisation capability (one cell per data point)
- No scintillation detection costs
- Enhanced safety with reduced costs - no radioisotope use and disposal
Each CellAura fluorescent ligand is characterised using live cell imaging and functional analysis to confirm its affinity and pharmacological activity. They have been used successfully in a wide range of applications:
Fluorescent Ligand Binding
- Increased safety, reduced disposal cost and environmental impact vs radioligand binding.
- High Content Screening
- Live cell imaging of receptor-ligand binding, displacement, and receptor internalisation.
- Fluorescence Correlation Spectroscopy (FCS)
- Real-time analysis of single molecule ligand-receptor interactions.
- Fluorescence Activated Cell Sorting (FACS)
- No need to generate fluorescence-tagged antibodies - you can select receptor expressing cells using a direct receptor-binding ligand.
- Dual Readout Binding and Function (eg Ca2+ signalling)
- Distinguishes agonists, antagonists/inverse agonists, off-target effects and non-binders in one assay, to eliminate false hits and reduce follow-on screening.
- Confocal Microscopy
- Localise receptor distribution in single cells, cell cultures and tissue sections.
- High Throughput Screening
- Dynamic or endpoint binding and displacement Fluorescence Intensity assays.
- Receptor Dimerisation
- FRET between two fluorophores using a common ‘warhead’ (homodimerisation) or two different ‘warheads’ (heterodimerisation).
- Ligand Binding Kinetics
- Real-time analysis of ligand association and dissociation rates to determine receptor affinity.
- Allosteric Modulators
-Kinetic measurements of allosteric modulator effects on ligand association and dissociation rate.