Kynurenic acid sodium salt
Endogenous ionotropic glutamate / nicotinic antagonist. Sodium salt.
Endogenous, non-selective ionotropic glutamate receptor antagonist which acts as a non-competitive glycine site NMDAR antagonist. Also an α7 nicotinic receptor antagonist and GPR35 ligand. Sodium salt. Blocks kainic acid neurotoxicity and displays neuroprotective, antiproliferative and antimigrative properties.
4-Hydroxyquinoline-2-carboxylic acid sodium salt
Kynurenic acid is commonly used as an AMPA/NMDA receptor antagonist. Kynurenic acid is commonly used at concentration of 10mM. Kynurenic acid from Hello Bio rapidly inhibits both NMDA and AMPA mediated spontaneous and evoked EPSCs at concentrations of 10mM (see Fig 1 above).
#Protocol 1: Evoked NMDA receptor currents
- Whole cell voltage clamp recordings were obtained from layer V neurons of the mouse prelimbic cortex brain slice.
- NMDA currents were evoked via a stimulating electrode placed in layers II/III and evoked by a single square (150 μs) pulse every 10 sec at a stimulus intensity that gave a reliable NMDA current.
- Neurons were held a +40 mV to relieve NMDA currents from their voltage-dependent Mg2+ block.
- NMDA currents were continually stimulated and recorded in response to continual bath applications of NMDAR antagonists until NMDA currents were completely abolished. If the concentration was not effective an addition experiment was conducted using an alternative concentration.
- All NMDAR recordings were made in the presence of GABAA-R and AMPAR antagonists.
Storing and Using Your Product
Room temperature (desiccate)
Soluble in water (100mM) or DMSO (50mM)
This product is for RESEARCH USE ONLY and is not intended for therapeutic or diagnostic use. Not for human or veterinary use.
References for Kynurenic acid sodium salt
6-Hydroxykynurenic acid and kynurenic acid differently antagonise AMPA and NMDA receptors in hippocampal neurones.Weber M et al (2001) J Neurochem 77(4) : 1108-15.PubMedID: 11359876
Kynurenic acid inhibits proliferation and migration of human glioblastoma T98G cells.Walczak K et al (2014) Pharmacol Rep 66(1) : 130-6.PubMedID: 24905318
Kynurenate is neuroprotective following experimental brain injury in the rat.Hicks RR et al (1994) Brain Res 655(1-2) : 91-6.PubMedID: 7812795
Pharmacological characterization of glutamatergic agonists and antagonists at recombinant human homomeric and heteromeric kainate receptors in vitro.Alt et al (2004) Neuropharmacology 46(6) : 793-806PubMedID: 15033339
Reviews & Product Guides
Good and convenient. The substance we purchased showed good chemical quality and much more convenient in respect to other sellers. Ordering is very easy and shipment is fast and safe.