Supporting you - supporting your research
Agonists, antagonists, antibodies, fluorescent tools…but Hello Bio is more than a catalogue of life science tools. We are a team of researchers and scientists, who genuinely want to support and promote life science research. Everything we do has this at its heart – we strive to make our range as affordable as possible, we listen to what you want, and we contribute financially where we can, to travel awards, conferences and studentships.
Travel grants available now - it’s easy and quick to apply!
We are delighted to announce that every month we award a travel grant of $500.
There are no complicated rules or terms and conditions – you just need to be a post-graduate attending a relevant conference, and be able to tell us why you think you deserve it. However, to make it fair to all, there are a few requirements:
- you need to be a current post-graduate
- you must provide a detailed breakdown of what the money will be used for, and what funding (if any) you have already obtained. Things we are looking for are direct travel costs, or registration fees - not your beer supply for the week!
- and finally - after you have submitted your application, we will need a short statement from your supervisor / PI to confirm your application.
Assuming the above requirements are met, we will enter you into the monthly draw:
- One travel award will be allocated every month.
- A draw will be made on the first Thursday of each month – so just make sure your application is in before then.
- Winners will be notified immediately and announced monthly.
- If winners are presenting, we ask that you acknowledge Hello Bio's financial support on your poster, or in your communication, and send us a copy.
- You may enter each month but to be fair to all - if you win a travel award, you will not be eligible to enter again for a period of 12 months.
- As is usual with these sorts of things - we do reserve the right to change these terms and conditions at any time.
January 2019 Winner
Giorgia Moschetti is a researcher working at Università degli Studi di Milano. Giorgia is researching the role of a novel family of chemokines, Prokineticins, in the development of chemotherapy induced peripheral neuropathy. The award will help to fund her trip to NeuPSIG 2019. Find out more about Giorgia.
Thank you hello bio for this travel grant that will allow me to attend the 7th International Congress on Neuropathic Pain (NeuPSIG 2019). It will be a great opportunity for me to share my data with and learn from other scientists, and given the variety of topics, I hope that the congress could give me new ideas for my experiments. Giorgia Moschetti, Università degli Studi di Milano, Italy, Hello Bio travel award winner
December 2018 Winner
Vera Wiersma is a researcher working at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam. She is researching the mechanisms underlying the progression of Alzheimer's disease and the award will help to fund her trip to the 14th International Conference on Alzheimer's and Parkinson's diseases. Find out more about Vera.
I'm very happy to be awarded the HelloBio travel grant, which will allow me to attend the 14th International Conference on Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease coming March in Lisbon. I am looking forward to discussing my data with scientists from all over the world and to catch up and learn all about the latest discoveries in my research field. An unique opportunity! Thank you for your generous support, Hello Bio, I am looking forward to the conference! Vera Wiersma, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, The Netherlands, Hello Bio travel award winner