Supporting you - supporting your research
Agonists, antagonists, antibodies, fluorescent tools…but Hello Bio is more than a catalogue of life science tools. We are a team of researchers and scientists, who genuinely want to support and promote life science research. Everything we do has this at its heart – we strive to make our range as affordable as possible, we listen to what you want, and we contribute financially where we can, to travel awards, conferences and studentships.
Travel grants available now - it’s easy and quick to apply!
We are delighted to announce that every month we award a travel grant of $500.
There are no complicated rules or terms and conditions – you just need to be a post-graduate or post-doctoral researcher attending a relevant conference, and be able to tell us why you think you deserve it. However, to make it fair to all, there are a few requirements:
- you need to be a current post-graduate or post-doctoral researcher
- you must provide a detailed breakdown of what the money will be used for, and what funding (if any) you have already obtained. Things we are looking for are direct travel costs, or registration fees - not your beer supply for the week!
- and finally - after you have submitted your application, we will need a short statement from your supervisor / PI to confirm your application.
Assuming the above requirements are met, we will enter you into the monthly draw:
- One travel award will be allocated every month.
- A draw will be made on the first Thursday of each month – so just make sure your application is in before then.
- Winners will be notified immediately and announced monthly.
- If winners are presenting, we ask that you acknowledge Hello Bio's financial support on your poster, or in your communication, and send us a copy.
- You may enter each month but to be fair to all - if you win a travel award, you will not be eligible to enter again for a period of 12 months.
- As is usual with these sorts of things - we do reserve the right to change these terms and conditions at any time.
April 2019 Winner
Bo Li is a Research Fellow at the Hospital for Sick Children, Translational Medicine Program, Division of General and Thoracic Surgery, and is researching neonatal intestinal disorders and tissue regeneration. The award will help to fund his trip to ISSCR2019. Read more about Bo
This is an amazing opportunity to network and exchange ideas with other scientists. I feel glad to have received this award as it helps supplement my research funding and provides me with the ability to continue to pursue doing the research I enjoy. Bo Li, Hospital for Sick Children, Canada, Hello Bio travel award winner
March 2019 Winner
Aaron Scott is a PhD student at Bristol University, studying extracellular vesicle biology in Rebecca Richardson's lab in the Physiology, Pharmacology and Neuroscience Department. The award will help to fund his trip to the International Society for Extracellular Vesicles Annual Meeting in Kyoto, Japan. Read more about Aaron
I am incredibly grateful for this support – attending international conferences would not be possible for the vast majority of students, if not for extra support from societies and companies like Hello Bio!nts. Aaron Scott, Bristol University, UK, Hello Bio travel award winner
Find out more about our past winners