Supporting you - supporting your research
Agonists, antagonists, antibodies, fluorescent tools…but Hello Bio is more than a catalogue of life science tools. We are a team of researchers and scientists, who genuinely want to support and promote life science research. Everything we do has this at its heart – we strive to make our range as affordable as possible, we listen to what you want, and we contribute financially where we can, to travel awards, conferences and studentships.
Travel grants available now - it’s easy and quick to apply!
We are delighted to announce that every month we award a travel grant of $500.
There are no complicated rules or terms and conditions – you just need to be a post-graduate attending a relevant conference, and be able to tell us why you think you deserve it. However, to make it fair to all, there are a few requirements:
- you need to be a current post-graduate
- you must provide a detailed breakdown of what the money will be used for, and what funding (if any) you have already obtained. Things we are looking for are direct travel costs, or registration fees - not your beer supply for the week!
- and finally - after you have submitted your application, we will need a short statement from your supervisor / PI to confirm your application.
Assuming the above requirements are met, we will enter you into the monthly draw:
- One travel award will be allocated every month.
- A draw will be made on the first Thursday of each month – so just make sure your application is in before then.
- Winners will be notified immediately and announced monthly.
- If winners are presenting, we ask that you acknowledge Hello Bio's financial support on your poster, or in your communication, and send us a copy.
- You may enter each month but to be fair to all - if you win a travel award, you will not be eligible to enter again for a period of 12 months.
- As is usual with these sorts of things - we do reserve the right to change these terms and conditions at any time.
February 2018 Winner
Maria Velasco is a PhD student in Prof. Kumlesh K. Dev's Lab, at Trinity College Dublin. She is researching mechanosensitive channels in the central nervous system and the award will help to fund her trip to FENS 2018.
I was deeply thankful when HelloBio awarded me with the February travel grant, which will help me fund my participation at FENS 2018! I am a last year PhD student and attending international meetings such as FENS is of great help to get experience presenting my research, as well as getting feedback from many other researchers in the field and networking for future steps in my career. I think it is great that companies like Hello Bio are supporting researchers all over the world to continue with their work, with things such as this travel grant. Thank you Hello Bio, for making this possible!!! Maria Velasco, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland, Hello Bio travel award winner