DNQX disodium salt
Selective, competitive AMPA / kainate receptor antagonist. Sodium salt.
DNQX disodium salt is a water soluble, selective and competitive AMPA and kainate receptor antagonist. It also acts as partial AMPA agonist in the presence of γ2 transmembrane AMPA receptor regulatory proteins (TARP) subunit.
DNQX is also a neuroleptic agent that displays pro-oxidant activity.
DNQX freebase is also available.
DNQX disodium salt is a good product Verified customer, Research University Paris
1 citation Submit Your Citation Now
6,7-Dinitroquinoxaline-2,3-dione disodium salt
DNQX disodium salt antagonizes the actions of glutamate at AMPA receptors. It is commonly used to reduce excitatory post synaptic currents (EPSC) and is commonly used at 10 μM. DNQX disodium salt from Hello Bio completely blocks both spontaneous and evoked EPSCs at 10 μM, with concentrations of 1 μM also effective (see Fig 1 above).
#Protocol 1: Evoked and spontaneous excitatory post synaptic currents (EPSCs)
- Whole cell voltage clamp recordings were obtained from layer V neurons of the mouse prelimbic cortex brain slice.
- EPSCs were evoked via a stimulating electrode placed in layers II/III delivering a single square (150 μs) pulse every 10 sec at an intensity that gave a reliable EPSC.
- Neurons were held at -70 to -60 mV (the reversal potential of GABA currents). EPSCs were continuously stimulated and recorded in response to 5 min applications of varying concentrations of DNQX disodium salt until complete receptor inhibition.
- Spontaneous EPSCs were recorded before and after addition of DNQX disodium salt by holding the neuron at -70 mV and recording for 10 sec.
- Recordings for EPSCs were made in the absence of GABAA-R antagonists.
Storing and Using Your Product
Room temperature (desiccate)
Soluble in water (100mM)
This product is for RESEARCH USE ONLY and is not intended for therapeutic or diagnostic use. Not for human or veterinary use.
References for DNQX disodium salt
Redox properties and prooxidant cytotoxicity of a neuroleptic agent 6,7-dinitrodihydroquinoxaline-2,3-dione (DNQX).Šarlauskas J et al (2013) Acta Biochim Pol 60(2) : 227-31.PubMedID: 23757451
TARP auxiliary subunits switch AMPA receptor antagonists into partial agonists.Menuz K et al (2007) Science 318(5851) : 815-7.PubMedID: 17975069
Selective excitatory actions of DNQX and CNQX in rat thalamic neurons.Lee SH et al (2010) J Neurophysiol 103(4) : 1728-34.PubMedID: 20107128
Pharmacological characterization of glutamatergic agonists and antagonists at recombinant human homomeric and heteromeric kainate receptors in vitro.Alt et al (2004) Neuropharmacology 46(6) : 793-806PubMedID: 15033339
High frequency stimulation induces LTD of AMPA receptor-mediated postsynaptic responses and LTP of synaptically-evoked firing in the dorsolateral striatum.Skiteve et al(2017 ) Neurosci Lett. 666 : 11-06PubMedID: 29248613
Reviews & Product Guides
DNQX disodium salt is a good product